Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Recent Posts

Thursday, May 26, 2011

DIY Ruffled Coffee Filter Lampshade

The other day, I was browsing the internet trying to get inspiration for ideas on covering my lampshade. It was plain white and I wanted to add something to it. Luckily, I found this blog detailing an extremely easy and creative way to make a pretty ruffled lampshade for virtually no money! She used coffee filters to give it the look. So I'm going to show you how I did mine!
1. Fold the coffee filter in half
2. Fold it in half again...
3. Fold it in half one last time..
4. Fold a little triangular shaped crease at the tip (which is the part you will be gluing onto the shade)
5. Start gluing!

This project took me about 6-7 hours in total. It did get boring at times but when you've missed three episodes of gossip girl and need to catch up, this didn't seem so bad=). And after the first couple hundred coffee filters, you can pretty much do it with your eyes closed! I used tacky glue to glue on the filters but you can also use a glue stick or a glue gun. In total I used 520 coffee filters and it was so worth it! The project only cost me $5.

How pretty is it with the light on?! These pictures just don't do it justice. Hope you enjoyed! 

1 comments:

Amanda said...

very crafty!

My 1st apartments I stenciled mine.

How long did it take you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...