Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Simple DIY Picture Frames

Since I just moved into a new apartment, I've been trying to do things to spruce up the white walls. My apartment is nowhere near being finished but it's definitely getting there. Once it is almost done( which should be soon) I will post a little tour! :)
I have had some old picture frames laying around for some time so I decided to put them to use. I bought two fat quarters of fabric and mattings to fit the frames. The fabrics are from Joann's and were only 1.50 a piece.
All I did was tape the fabric to the matting....
And then place it in the frame. Simple! This is what it looks like now. I still need to add some more stuff onto the walls but for now this is where I hung the frames.

P.S. Ignore the hammer I accidently left in the picture ;)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I like this a lot. I planned on doing something similar except not with fabric - in a good housekeeping magazine they have it with strips of paper - I'm going to guess scrapbooking paper - which i have tons of!!

It looks very nice!

ashley.warner said...

thanks for the fun and creative idea!
what a lovely little slice of blog heaven! :)

ashley-warner.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...