Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Recent Posts

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Oh Ebay...

I just bought this little beaut..
Oh I love it. I've been obsessed with these Eames mid-century rockers for For-EVER. I always said one day when I have the money I will get an authentic one, but I recently discovered a few companies that have made reproductions of them. See here, here, and here. Still, though, I am a college student and should not be spending hundreds of dollars on a rocking chair that I probably don't really need (that's a lie, I def need it) or that might not even fit anywhere in my apartment.
So I hit up good ole Ebay. I was watching one that ended at 12:30a.m. the day before so I set my alarm for 12:15a.m. (because I'm an old lady and fall asleep at 10:30). Apparently, I was too busy tending to my beauty sleep to hear the alarm and the chair sold for $35. I've never wanted to kick myself in the face so badly before.
Luckily, I went on Ebay a few hours later and someone had just listed one with the bid starting at $0.99. The only problem was that it ended at 10:54 that night and it was a Friday night. Luckily my brother stayed up for me and bid and won it for $40!
I love you brother. I love you Ebay. I love you chair.

Okay, that's enough bragging for one day. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! xo

2 comments:

Kira said...

I have wanted one of those chairs for so long! I can't believe you got one for $40, amazing deal!

Unknown said...

Great chair and a great deal! I love eBay!! I have a bunch of stuff I need to get listed but am dragging my feet about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...