Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Recent Posts

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Persian Potato Pancakes

Persian food is [hands down] my favorite food in the world. There is never a moment that I would turn down a Persian meal. Fortunately, I get to enjoy delicious Iranian meals made from ingredients from Iran, prepared by the best! My step-Mom is Iranian and so is my Dad. My Dad is an amazing cook but my step-Mom is phenomenal when it comes to cooking middle-eastern dishes. I've learned a few tips and tricks from her, but I've never learned to prepare the meals she makes because they usually take all day. The other week, she taught me to make these potato pancakes because they are fairly quick to make and, not to mention, incredibly delicious! They literally melt in your mouth. And you can eat them with anything! Personally, I like them in whole wheat pita bread with tomatoes and spicy pickles or just simply with feta and honey.




Persian Potato Pancakes
Serves: 2
What you need:
1 medium potato
1/2 small onion
1 medium egg
1/4 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp salt
2-3 tbspl oil

1. Grate both the potato and onion with the smaller side of your grater. [Basically, you don't want your potatoes the size of hash browns]
2. Mix in the egg, salt, and tumeric
3. Heat 2 tblsp oil on high heat in a large saute pan.
4. Once the oil is heated and slightly "popping", add the whole mixture to the pan and even out so that you have a very thin layer and it covers the whole pan.
5. Leave on high heat for 1 minute and then turn the heat all the way to low.
6. Break up the pancake into 4 sections (so that it is easier to flip).

7. Cook on low for about 10 minutes and then flip over.
8. Add more oil as necessary and turn back on high for one minute.
9. After one minute turn back on low and cook for another 10 minutes.
10. Serve with whatever you like. Enjoy! =)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moz Jobrani is coming to Daytona! Oct 28th I think. You should go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...