Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Recent Posts

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Apricot Glazed Lamb Chops with Pistachio

I recently found this recipe by Bobby Flay and knew I needed to try it! I actually used lamb shoulder because I had that in my fridge already (it was on sale), but I would highly recommend not buying lamb shoulder if you are more of a lean meat person (which I am). This was only my second time cooking lamb so I didn't really know the difference when I bought it. You live and you learn. Anyway, it still turned out beyond delicious and I would highly, highly recommend trying out this recipe.

Side Note: My grocery store didn't have sumac so I had to do without. When I asked a store clerk, he politely told me (with his facial expression) that he had no clue what the hell that was.


What you need:
3/4 cup apricot jam
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley, plus whole leaves for garnish
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Eight 4 to 5-ounce lamb porterhouse chops (I only used two!)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 cup shelled, lightly toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon ground sumac


1.Whisk together the jam, vinegar, mint, parsley and season with salt and pepper.

2.Brush the chops with oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3.Put the chops on the grill (or stove) and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, about 3 minutes.
4.Flip over, brush with glaze and continue cooking until cooked to medium-rare doneness, about 3 minutes longer, brushing with more of the glaze.

5.Remove to a platter and sprinkle with the pistachios, sumac and parsley leaves
6. Enjoy the sweet/salty combination! I served mine with steamed vegetables and red cabbage.

1 comments:

MOM said...

I used to pick sumac berries on the way home from births in Arkansas. The midwife who trained me taught me about it. It was called the poor man's lemonade, because it grew everywhere and was free. Very sour, tiny berries, high in vit. c, and we made a cold drink out of it. I have no idea where you would find it now..google?
MOM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...